Monday, October 31, 2005

Sunday ineptness

Two realtor ladies from Charlotte get into my cab and ask me if I ever get car sick. Three Realtor ladies from New Jersey tell me they are glad I am an American cabdriver. Two realtor men from Phoenix want to go to Chinatown and can I recommend a restaurant. This realtor couple told me they partied so hard Friday night that they were worshipping the porcelain goddess on Saturday and when I asked him if he wanted a receipt, he said "no, because my wife might find them". A Buddy of Chet Helms was telling me how he invented everything in rock today: dancing, posters, food at venues, the soundboard, light shows. I got one ride to the airport and came back empty. I only spent $30 on gas. I didn't realize the clock was not turned back until midnight. I ate a great meal at Grubbstake at 1:20am. I had coffee and macaroon from Farleys at 5:10pm. Two seperate customers pointed out the bright planet of Mars.

No comments: